All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Little Book of Sussex is a funny, fast-paced, fact-packed compendium of the sort of frivolous, fantastic or simply strange information which -one will want to be without. Here we find out about the most unusual crimes and punishments, eccentric inhabitants, famous sons and daughters and literally hundreds of wacky facts (plus some authentically bizarre bits of historic trivia). David Arscott's new book gathers together a myriad of data on Sussex. There are lots of factual chapters but also plenty of frivolous details which will amuse and surprise. With chapters on folklore, history, geography, celebrity Sussexians and much more, this is an ideal book for all those who kw and love this quintessentially English county.
- Author BiographyDavid Arscott is a former journalist and BBC Radio producer and presenter. He has written more than 40 books on the county. He currently runs the Sussex Book Club and the Society of Sussex Authors, and lives in Lewes.
- Author(s)David Arscott
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.