All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a magical Hans Christian Andersen tale is retold for younger readers in this beautiful boardbook. Lift the flaps to see the bears and all their animal friends in their houses, and open a living room door for an even greater surprise! Special sparkly glitter on details such as lamplight, sw, Christmas toys and the decorations on the tree itself add to the festive feel. With bright illustrations to look at, and an advent calendar to open, this is sure to be a treasured gift. Follow the adventures of the little Christmas tree as he grows up in the middle of the forest and wonders where the taller trees go when they get chopped down. Just before Christmas, a family of bears find the little tree. They carefully dig him up, put him in a pot, and carry him to their home. There he is decorated with glistening glass ornaments, twinkling tinsel, and a shiny star on top. All of these details are highlighted with sparkly glitter. Open the living room door to see little tree surrounded by presents - he is a proper Christmas tree w! But what will happen when the decorations come down...? This version of The Fir Tree (1844) has been specially adapted for younger children.The original ending has been given a heartwarming lift with the addition of friendly bears and a valuable environmental message: that a Christmas tree isn't just for Christmas.
- Author BiographyHans Christian Andersen, the Danish storyteller, was born in 1805, but his fairy tales are still well loved today. Perhaps the secret of his success is that he wrote his stories as if he were telling them to a child. Maggie Downer has worked on many projects, educational and fictional, in books and magazines, and the vast majority of them are connected with children's literature.
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectNovelty & Activity Books
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArmadillo Books
- Content Noteillustrations throughout
- Weight318 g
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Maggie Downer
- Format DetailsLift-the-flap book
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $7.81Trending at AU $8.37
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.