All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe Little Eye Book: A Pupil's Guide to Understanding Ophthalmology is an easy-to-understand introduction to the field of eye care that has been updated into a new second edition. This book is written with the n-physician in mind, so you won't be bogged down with heavy details, yet every basic fact that you need is right here. With photographs as well as drawings and helpful tables and charts, this conversational-style text packs a big punch. Beginning with an illustrated description of ocular anatomy, the book sweeps you into the workings of vision with hardly a blink, where you'll learn what happens when light meets the eye.But life is never perfect, and sometimes the eye isn't either. You'll get a good overview of disorders and trauma, from lids to optic nerves. The all-important red eye has a section all its own, including symptoms, signs, what's an emergency and what's t. A chapter on eye symptoms and their potential causes will help you understand patients' complaints. New to the second edition include: a chapter on refractive errors and their correction, including a section on glasses and contact lenses; new techlogy topics including optical coherence tomography, scanning laser tomography, wavefront analysis and more; updated information on medications and refractive surgery; and, includes over 65 figures and 10 tables.
- Author BiographyWritten by Janice K. Ledford, an eyecare professional with over 26 years of experience, The Little Eye Book: A Pupil's Guide to Understanding Ophthalmology, Second Edition is perfect for anyone who works in the eye care industry or with patients, but isn't an ophthalmologist.
- Author(s)Janice K. Ledford
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width109 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.