Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWith humor and musicality, Martha Sila's The Little Office of the Immaculate Conception rollicks through fourteen billion years of cosmology: galaxies, aliens, an astronaut's dropped glove. When she's t picking a bone with a shortsighted and side-talking populous, she's conceiving her own personal Big Bang. When her uns are diaper and bibs, Sila sticks to a larger vision, seeing past gelatius mashed peas toward the moon and stars. This cosmic-consciousness is woven right in with the mittens and the meercats, her lens taking in t only the crumbs she must wipe up, but also polio-stricken nations, the hungry Eritreans, the old man who shuffles along / as if he might be carrying / in that steamy bowl / all our children's futures. We're all sibling citizens of this swirly world, writes Sila, but she kws that danger lurks t only in the heavens and the atmosphere, but also on our glistening streets. As Campbell McGrath tes, The Little Office of the Immaculate Conception is comic and wise, quotidian and celestial.
- Author BiographyMARTHA SILANO is the author of two previous collections, Blue Positive and What the Truth Tastes Like. Her poems appear in journals including AGNI, American Poetry Review, Beloit Poetry Journal, TriQuarterly, and over a dozen anthologies, including Starting Today: 100 Poems for Obama's First 100 Days and The Best American Poetry 2009.
- Author(s)Martha Silano
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaturnalia Books
- Content Note6 illus.
- Weight135 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.