All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $32.57Trending at AU $33.88
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.74
- AU $45.04Trending at AU $49.15
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.92
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $12.59
- AU $33.83Trending at AU $39.32
- AU $13.91Trending at AU $14.32
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Thomas Keller to Julia Child--hundreds of quotes that are sure to please anyone who loves to cook, bake, drink, and eat. As American chef and food writer James Beard once said, Food is our common ground, a universal experience. Everyone has a favorite food or meal, a method of cooking or baking they swear by, or a secret ingredient they utilize whenever possible. Food brings friends and family together every day, whether in their dining rooms or at tables in their favorite restaurants. The Little Red Book of Kitchen Wisdom presents thoughts on the happenings in kitchens around the world, from the preparation of ingredients to the consumption of meals and everything in between. This book will include quotes from the most respected chefs in the world (such as Heston Blumenthal, Alice Waters, and Grant Achatz), recognizable celebrity chefs and television personalities (Alton Brown, Mario Batali, Cat Cora), food critics and writers (Michael Pollan, Ruth Reichl, Michael Ruhlman), and various actors, actresses, authors, comedians, and poets who like to eat and talk about it. The mix of professionals and celebrities featured in this book will draw the attention of cooks at every level--professionals, home cooks, and hobbyists--and people who simply love to eat and drink. The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook. --Julia Child I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food. --W.C. Fields The shared meal elevates eating from a mechanical process of fueling the body to a ritual of family and community, from the mere animal biology to an act of culture. --Michael Pollan A jazz musician can improvise based on his kwledge of music. He understands how things go together. For a chef, once you have that basis, that's when cuisine is truly exciting. --Charlie Trotter Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We've been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyNicole Frail enjoys eating and talking about food more than she enjoys making it. She received her BA in communications studies from Wilkes University and is a writer and editor living in New York City. Matthew Magda has approximately seven years of experience working in restaurant kitchens. He is currently a cook at a Michelin Star--rated restaurant in New York City. Kerri Frail is a graphic designer for a commercial real estate company with interests in print design, illustration, and photography. She is also the illustrator of The Joy of Yoga. She holds a BA in integrative media from Wilkes University and resides in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Matthew Magda,Nicole Frail
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleLittle Red Books
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note50 color illustrations
- Weight514 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kerri Frail
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.