All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen it first appeared in the 1970s, The Little Red Schoolbook was banned by the UK authorities, which confiscated copies and prosecuted the publisher under the Obscene Publications Act. Why? Because this little book aimed to educate teenagers about democracy, sex and drugs - in frank, simple language - and encouraged them to view adults as paper tigers . The Little Red Schoolbook has been unavailable for more than 40 years, but it remains surprisingly relevant for young people today. Reissued here in its original and uncensored format, with informative foottes and a new foreword by the surviving author Soren Hansen, it encourages teenagers to have the confidence to seek information for themselves, challenge authority and question the status quo.
- Author(s)Jesper Jensen,Soren Hansen
- PublisherPinter & Martin Ltd.
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPinter & Martin Ltd.
- Weight124 g
- Width90 mm
- Height128 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd original and uncensored ed
Most relevant reviews
- btguard2goods29 Sep, 2016by
It was very confronting for its day.
I was not allowed to purchase this book when it first was released (well before the days of the internet) and I read a copy at a friends place. Nowdays, it is quite tame. If you were alive in the 1970's, it is a trip down memory lane. Do not forget, this was first published in Danish and then translated, so it may not read 100% in the original English edition.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81