All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFabian Capomolla and Mat Pember run a successful business installing edible gardens: in polystyrene boxes on balconies, in crates you can put anywhere in your backyard, or by creating -dig, raised garden beds. After years of helping clients set up spaces to grow their own fruit and vegetables they believe anyone can create their own little edible garden, in almost any area. And in this easy-to-use guide they show you how simple it is! Fundamentals such as soil, climate, watering, composting, worm farms, saving and sowing seeds, and raised garden beds and crates are all discussed comprehensively - each with a fully illustrated step-by-step activity to help you create your own little veggie patch. The complete A-Z of Edible Plants gives you vital information on more than 40 vegetables (and fruit trees), including detailed planting information, ongoing maintenance advice, tips on best companions and when to harvest. And the family activities scattered throughout the book will get the kids involved too, whether it's Making a Scarecrow, Building a Spud Tower or Growing Beans in a Bean Can.
- Author BiographyGrowing up in an Italian family, for Fabian Capomolla, Sunday lunch would always consist of loud arguments, pasta and veggies from the garden. Starting off in advertising before taking the leap to fulfil his dream of helping people grow food, Fabian now has his own completely edible backyard in Melbourne, with his wife and kids. All Mat Pember's childhood memories revolve around his Nonna and Nonno's backyard near Fremantle, WA. The veggie garden, the enormous garage, where the pork and fennel sausage would hang drying from the ceiling beams, and checking the chook shed for eggs. Mat worked in landscaping before moving exclusively into edible gardening.
- PrizesShortlisted for ABIA Australian Illustrated Book of the Year 2013.
- Author(s)Fabian Capomolla,Mat Pember
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- Weight956 g
- Width211 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- mirdzab210 Aug, 2016by
Enjoyed the hints and illustrations. Great
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.00Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.09
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $37.76Trending at AU $39.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.