All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionTHE LIVING CITY An intelligent analysis. Sensible, undoctrinaire, even good-humored. An appealing mixture of passion and clinical dispassion. -Washington Post Book World The best antidote I've read to the doom-and-gloom prophecies concerning the future of urban America. -Bill Moyers This is fresh and fascinating material; it is essential for understanding t only how to avoid repeating terrible mistakes of the past, but also how to recover from them. -Jane Jacobs, author of The Death and Life of Great American Cities From coast to coast across America there are countless urban success stories about rejuvenated neighborhoods and resurgent business districts. Roberta Brandes Gratz defines the phemen as urban husbandry -the care, management, and preservation of the built environment nurtured by genuine participatory planning efforts of government, urban planners, and average citizens.
- Author BiographyRoberta Brandes Gratz lives in New York City, where she has been involved in urban matters as a community activist, as executive director of a historic restoration project, and as a reporter for the New York Post. In addition, she lectures and writes on urban affairs.
- Author(s)Roberta Brandes Gratz
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/11/1995
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight630 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.