All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionA hardened war veteran collides with a vemous leader and rogue assassin, turning the Western United States into the next great battleground. Sergeant Farrell Jenson survives a world lost to nuclear and biological warfare only to find his home destroyed and family missing. He joins forces with Gary Merrill, a local business leader, and Major Melanie Ghostkeeper, a Marine Medic, to begin the process of rebuilding. A small group of survivors unite under a banner of freedom and hunker down in Bear River High School. Friendships and love are forged in the hot fires of adversity as they fight for their very lives, amidst a world turned upside down, where death is the new way of life. A festering evil is combing the land, led by one man, Don Bullock. The rotund, vemous leader spearheads a community with a taboo, underlying secret that will pit good against evil in a dramatic show of force and violence between the two groups. Solomon, a rogue African assassin, launches a one-man assault on the Bear Riverites, seeking blood and retribution to satiate his bloodlust and quench his need for flesh. Each side gambles all to control a newfound drug with the potential to save mankind. This new 'currency' trumps all, where money is worthless and food and women are king. As the struggle escalates and new battle-lines are drawn a host of unwitting participants are pulled into the fray, fighting for all they hold dear. Book One of The Living Hunger Series begs the question: 'Which side will render your support and where will your allegiances lie?'
- Author BiographyDennis and Holly Larsen grew up in Brigham City, Utah, a small town set into the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Dennis attended Utah State University before graduating from Pacific University in Forest Grove, Oregon with a Doctorate of Optometry degree in May of 1987. He has worked as an Optometrist in an Edmonton, Alberta group practice since that time. They were married in 1981 and have four children, three girls and a boy. In recent years their lives have been blessed with the addition of in-laws and grandchildren. Holly works as a bookkeeper for their business. The Marvelous Mind of Marvin Marsh is her first book, designed for young children. It contains repetitive sing-song, fun dialog and 18 full color pages of wonderful characters. Thrillers, with a gritty edge, appeal to Dr. Larsen more than other genres but he looks forward to exploring different avenues. He has currently completed four novels: With Cruel Intent (Southern Crime), The Raven Falconer Chronicles (Viral Pandemic), The Living Hunger - Book #1 (Post-Apocalyptic), and its sequel, The Lasting Hunger (final book of the series). He is currently doing research on a Civil War romance/adventure novel, with some modern day twists.
- Author(s)Dennis F Larsen
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.