All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Local Boys by Joe and Jack Heffron tells the stories of men who achieved the boyhood dream of playing for the hometown team. From Ethan Allen to Don Zimmer, they're all here, including Charlie Bushel Basket Gould, who played on the first team in 1869 to Junior Griffey, soon to be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. Alongside big-name stars like Dave Parker and Buddy Bell, fans will find those like Eddie Hunter, who played only one inning in 1933, never got to bat, and never fielded a ball. Every player receives a one- or two-page profile, many of which are based on original interviews with the players or surviving family members. Going beyond statistics, each profile brings the player to life through stories that have never before been told in print. An indispensible look at Cincinnati baseball history, The Local Boys makes an ideal gift for any Reds fan.
- Author BiographyA long-time umpire, Joe Heffron has an encyclopedic knowledge of the Cincinnati Reds. An SPJA award winner for sports writing, Jack Heffron has edited many books on baseball and other sports. Both live in Cincinnati. Chris Welsh is in his 22nd season as Cincinnati Reds color analyst on Fox Sports Ohio. A former major league pitcher born and raised in Greater Cincinnati, he now lives in Walton, KY.
- Author(s)Jack Heffron,Joe Heffron
- PublisherClerisy Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClerisy Press
- Content NoteB&W photos throughout
- Weight285 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byChris Welsh
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.