All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionNow available in paperback, this book offers a major statement of Bourdieua s theoretical approach, illustrating it with examples from anthropology. It will consolidate his reputation as one of the most original and exciting theorists in the social sciences today. Drawing on his own field work as well as a wide range of ethgraphic and anthropological texts, Bourdieu unfolds a theoretical perspective which does justice to the practical logic of everyday action as well as the objective structures within which such action takes place. A thorough understanding of practice requires the anthropologist to move beyond objectivism and subjectivism and to grasp, by means of the concept of 'habitusa , the interplay of structures and practices in the ongoing conduct of everyday life.
- Author BiographyPierre Bourdieu was Professor of Sociology at the College de France.
- Author(s)Pierre Bourdieu
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication02/07/1992
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Note0
- Weight506 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.