All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionMany countries have attempted to employ privatization programs to restructure their ecomies; however, some of the programs are rejected by the polity in the early stages of consideration. Research on privatization has mainly focused on programs that have been accepted, but it often igres issues associated with rejection. Dr. Mola breaks new ground by examining the microecomic, macroecomic, and political factors that shape all outcomes of privatization. A case study method is employed to review attempts to privatize state-owned telephone companies in countries in the southern cone of Latin America. The study is further generalized to cover 23 attempts to privatize telephone companies from 1985 to 1995.
- Author BiographyWALTER T. MOLANO is Director of Economic and Financial Research at Swiss Bank Corporation./e He received his Ph.D in Economic Development and Finance and has done extensive research in the area of privatization, focusing mainly on South America.
- Author(s)Walter T. Molano
- Date of Publication14/01/1997
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleContributions in Economics & Economic History
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 182.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight393 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.