All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionThe thirty-one papers presented in this volume offer scholars and general readers alike a comprehensive introduction to the work of one of the greatest ecomists of the modern era. Many of Buchanan's most important essays are gathered in this inaugural volume of the twenty-volume series from Liberty Fund of his 'Collected Works'. The essays are arranged thematically and so present a complete perspective on Buchanan's work. The six sections include: introduction; politics without romance; public finance and democratic process; the ecomist and ecomic order; ethics and ecomics; the reason of rules. The editors have focused on papers that Buchanan has written without collaboration and which present Buchanan's earlier, classic statements on crucial subjects rather than his subsequent elaborations which appear in later volumes in the series. Included, too, is Buchanan's Nobel address, 'The Constitution of Ecomic Policy', and the text of the Nobel Committee's press release explaining why Buchanan was awarded the prize for Ecomics in 1986. The volume also includes Buchanan's autobiographical essay, 'Better Than Plowing', in which he gives t only a brief account of his life, but also his own assessment of what is important, distinctive, and enduring in his work. The foreword by the three series editors will be valuable to all readers who wish to engage the challenging but epochal writings of the father of modern public choice theory.
- Author BiographyJames M Buchanan is an eminent economist who won the Nobel Prize for Economics in 1986.
- Author(s)James M. Buchanan
- PublisherLiberty Fund Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe Collected Works of James M. Buchanan
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiberty Fund Inc
- Content Noteindices
- Weight923 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byGeoffrey Brennan,Hartmut Kliemt,Robert D. Tollison
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.