All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionFounded in 2002, Logos: A Journal of Modern Society and Culture was established in response to the increasing erosion of a left political culture and the new possibilities for international political engagement and cooperation produced by the Internet. Many of the best kwn intellectual representatives of what might be termed a rational radicalism soon served as the core group for this new online journal that has reached about four million readers. The Logos Reader brings together the most influential and controversial work to appear in the journal. In its pages, writers of exceptional stature such as Stanley Arowitz, Ulrich Beck, Drucilla Cornell, Fred Dallmayr, Jurgen Habermas, Douglas Kellner, and Eric Rouleau articulate liberal and socialist values even as they retain theoretical viewpoints influenced by critical theory. The contributors deal with some of the most pressing political issues of our age, including transnational developments, U.S. foreign policy, the Iraqi War, the plight of the Palestinians, and the domestic concerns currently dominating American politics. With themes that speak to the most pertinent and enduring issues of a post-9/11 culture, the essays in The Logos Reader represent the best of modern liberal thought and will influence contemporary political discourse.
- Author BiographyStephen Eric Bronner, Senior Editor of Logos, is Distinguished Professor of political science at Rutgers University. He is the author of numerous books, including Of Critical Theory and Its Theorists, and Blood in the Sand: Imperial Fantasies, Right-Wing Ambitions, and the Erosion of American Democracy. Michael J. Thompson, editor and founder of Logos, is assistant professor of political science at William Paterson University and editor of the collection Islam and the West: Critical Perspectives on Modernity.
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication30/01/2005
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight667 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byMichael J. Thompson,Stephen Eric Bronner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.