All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionThe Oregon Territories circa 1850 are home to the Blackfoot, Shoshone, and Crow, among many other warring tribes. The majesty of the untamed rivers and mountain ranges have provided a backdrop to the ever-present conflicts between these proud peoples, but contact with the white man is changing the balance of power in unimaginable ways. Bitter events make enemies of Lame Elk of the Shoshone, tragic in his rise to prominence, and Two Horns of the Blackfoot, reluctant in his call to leadership. Separately, these two warriors must lead their people against a myriad of threats, t the least of which include disease, famine, and almost constant battle. As life continues unabated in the Indians' struggle for dominance, the white man is making deeper inroads into the western United States, with adventurers and criminals seeking their fortunes in a lawless land. Driven into the mountains to escape a manhunt, a falsely accused young man named Corby ends up saving Dovan, the ex-marshal pursuing him. The two unlikely friends travel through the Oregon Territories, where Corby finds he has an uncanny ability with a gun -- and establishes something of an unwanted reputation. The Lone War Cry follows these unforgettable characters through numerous hardships and challenges until circumstance links their stories together, driving them to their dramatic conclusions.
- Author(s)George E Miller
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight753 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.