All listings for this product
About this product
- Description2070-71. Nearly six decades after Step Day and in the Long Earth, the new Next post-human society continues to evolve. For Joshua Valiente, w in his late sixties, it is time to take one last solo journey into the High Meggers: an adventure that turns into a disaster. Alone and facing death, his only hope of salvation lies with a group of trolls. But as Joshua confronts his mortality, the Long Earth receives a signal from the stars. A signal that is picked up by radio astromers but also in more abstract ways - by the trolls and by the Great Traversers. Its message is simple but ts implications are ermous: JOIN US. The super-smart Next realise that the Message contains instructions on how to develop an immense artificial intelligence but to build it they have to seek help from throughout the industrious worlds of mankind. Bit by bit, byte by byte, they assemble a computer the size of a continent - a device that will alter the Long Earth's place within the cosmos and reveal the ultimate, life-affirming goal of those who sent the Message. Its impact will be felt by and resonate with all - mankind and other species, young and old, communities and individuals - who inhabit the Long Earths...The Long Cosmos serves as a fabulous, powerful and affecting drawing down of the curtain on this remarkable science fiction sequence.
- Author BiographyTerry Pratchett (Author) Terry Pratchett was the acclaimed creator of the global bestselling Discworld series, the first of which, The Colour of Magic, was published in 1983. In all, he was the author of over fifty bestselling books. His novels have been widely adapted for stage and screen, and he was the winner of multiple prizes, including the Carnegie Medal, as well as being awarded a knighthood for services to literature. He died in March 2015. Stephen Baxter (Author) Stephen Baxter is one of the UK's most acclaimed writers of science fiction and a multi-award winner. His many books include the classic Xeelee sequence, the Time's Odyssey novels (written with Arthur C. Clarke) and Time Ships, a sequel to H. G. Wells's The Time Machine, a Doctor Who novel, The Wheel of Ice, and most recently the epic, far-future novels Proxima and Ultima. He lives in Northumberland.
- Author(s)Stephen Baxter,Terry Pratchett
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight716 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Read byMichael Fenton Stevens
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.