All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDer Lang Verborgene Freund , or The Long-Lost Friend , is perhaps the most influential and well-kwn of all the grimoires to originate in the New World. Originally published in Reading, Pennsylvania, circa 1820, it has become an international bestseller. Llewellyn is pleased to present the most complete, accurate, and accessible version of this hard-to-find classic book of magic. Edited and antated by magic scholar Daniel Harms, it features approximately one hundred recipes t available in any version of the text available w. It includes both the German text from 1820 and the English translation of 1856, with tes on variations with Hohman's translations in 1846 and 1863. In addition, the text includes an introduction providing the book's background and position in history, additional charms taken from the pirated 1837 Skippacksville edition, and a set of indices for general purposes, ingredients, and purposes of particular recipes.
- Author BiographyDaniel Harms holds two masters' degrees, one in anthropology and one in library and information science. His major area of research is magic from antiquity to the present, and he has been published in the Journal for the Academic Study of Magic and the Journal of Scholarly Publishing. Harms is also the author of two books on horror fiction and folklore. Visit him online at DanHarms.wordpress.com.
- Author(s)Daniel Harms
- PublisherLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- SubjectPsychic Powers & Parapsychology
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.