All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $25.81
- AU $81.80Trending at AU $84.91
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.79
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
About this product
- DescriptionA science experiment gone horribly awry has granted Max, Rocky, and Gizmo the unique ability to read and understand human words. Armed with this kw-how, they continue to journey south, on the lookout for beacons planted by a trusted friend's owner -- beacons that promise to lead the trio to their people.When the companions reach the ocean's edge, they find a free-spirited beachfront community. Reunited with long-lost friends (and introduced to a new delicacy -- cat kibble ), Max, Rocky, and Gizmo gain the motivation they need to keep going. But danger lies ahead. . . . As their travels take them deep into the spooky swampland, can they discover what's driven the humans away? Or have they finally reached the end of the long road? The Last Dogs: The Long Road is the third book in a thrilling series about three unlikely friends on an epic quest to find their people -- and bring them home.
- Author BiographyChristopher Holt grew up in a house filled to the rafters with dogs. He draws on his memories -- of Salt, Pepper, Cupcake, Ariel, Shadow, Brandy, Sir Edmund Spunk, and Showtime Double Feature -- to create the four-footed heroes of The Last Dogs. He has worked other jobs -- most notably, selling gum balls and gum ball machines -- but began writing professionally at the age of eighteen. Christopher currently lives in Seattle, Washington.Allen Douglas was educated at Syracuse University and has been freelancing as an artist for almost twenty years for many notable book-publishing and editorial clients. His artwork has been recognized by many prominent juried illustration competitions, including Spectrum: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art and the Society of Illustrators' Annual Exhibition. His studio is located in Rochester, New York.
- Author(s)Christopher Holt
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleLast Dogs
- Series Part/Volume Number03
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width132 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Illustrator(s)Allen Douglas
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.