Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $29.61
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.47
- AU $44.16Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $18.09Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $45.86
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happens when there is almost unlimited choice? When everything becomes available to everyone? And when the combined value of the millions of items that only sell in small quantities equals or even exceeds the value of a handful of bestsellers? In this groundbreaking audiobook, Chris Anderson shows that the future of business does t lie in hits - the high-volume end of a traditional demand curve - but in what used to be regarded as misses - the endlessly long tail of that same curve. As our world is transformed by the Internet and the near infinite choice, it offers consumers, so traditional business models are being overturned and new truths revealed about what consumers want and how they want to get it. Chris Anderson first explored the Long Tail in an article in Wired magazine that has become one of the most influential business essays of our time. Now, he takes a closer look at the new ecomics of the Internet age, showing where business is going and exploring the huge opportunities that exist: for new producers, new e-tailers, and new tastemakers. He demonstrates how long tail ecomics apply to industries ranging from the toy business to advertising to kitchen appliances. He sets down the rules for operating in a long tail ecomy. And he provides a glimpse of a future that's already here.
- Author BiographyChris Anderson is Editor-in-Chief of Wired magazine, a position he took up in 2001. Since then he has led the magazine to five National Magazine Award nominations, winning the top prize for General Excellence in 2005, a year in which he was also named editor of the year by AdAge magazine. Previously, he was at the Economist, Nature, and Science magazines. He has worked as a researcher at Los Alamos and served as research assistant to the Chief Scientist of the Department of Transportation. He lives in Northern California with his wife and four children. He can be reached at www.thelongtail.com.
- Author(s)Chris Anderson
- Date of Publication03/05/2007
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRandom House Audiobooks
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width142 mm
- Height125 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Read byChristopher Nissley
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time481
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.