All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionDo you have the urge to just pack up your life, head out the door, explore the world for months or years on end, and never look back? If this sounds like you, do you kw where to begin? The thought of taking a long-term trip may sound daunting when you take a moment to consider it. Journeys of this type have numerous research topics that short-term travelers never come across when planning a vacation. When shorter trips are planned to an hourly schedule months before you even leave, the freedom, fears, challenges, and amazing moments that long-term travel brings are never realized. But when compared to the alternative of only taking one two-week vacation per year for the rest of your life, doesn't taking 26 years of vacation in a year-long trip sound amazing? Is there anything else you'd rather be doing with those 52 weeks of your time? Written by the expert world traveler's behind the popular long-term travel blog Living the Dream, The Long-Term Traveler's Guide is the definitive planning resource for all those looking to cut loose from the standard path and head out to see the world for weeks, months, or years on end. Whether you want to eat gelato in Italy, visit an elephant rescue center in Thailand, climb the Great Wall of China, go scuba diving in the Galapagos, or do it all like so many others, planning for the adventure is unlike any other form of travel. The Long-Term Traveler's Guide covers all aspects of the planning process from beginning to end to help make preparing for your trip a breeze! The topics listed below are just a select few that the guide covers and are essential for all who wish to explore the world's wonders: Initial Stage *The Most Difficult Decision *Dropping Life, Adding Travel *Deciding Where to Go *Budget Savings Refinement Period *Weatherproof the Itinerary *Foreign Currency Woes *Visa Acquisition *RTW Plane Tickets vs Independent *When is a Guided Tour Right for You? *Vaccinations and Preventing Disease Commitment *Choosing Your Luggage *Electronic Essentials *Protect the Cash Flow *Packing Lists *How Long Things Last On the Road *Finding Your Style *Maintaining Budgets *The Best Travel Photography *Route Change #1...#2....#45 *Guidebook Woes *Gastromic Delight *Fears, Paraia, Scams, and Bad Experiences *Travel with Allergies and Sickness Returning Home *Reflecting on the Experience *You Mean I Have to Get a Job?! Planning Resources Participating Travelers ...and many, many more! The world is calling. Are you ready?
- Author BiographyJeremy Jones is the author behind the popular long-term travel blog Living the Dream. Since 2008 he has been on two long-term trips and visited 66 countries and island nations throughout North America, Europe, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Asia, Africa, and South America.
- Author(s)Jeremy Jones
- PublisherLiving the Dream - Around the World
- Date of Publication09/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiving the Dream - Around the World
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.