All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlaywright Eugene O'Neill (1888 1953) spent his early years as a merchant seaman and drifter on the waterfronts of New York, Liverpool, and Bues Aires. From these experiences came the inspiration and subject matter for four of his finest short plays, collected in this volume.Written between 1913 and 1917 and considered to have made O'Neill's reputation, the plays comprise a tetralogy, all concerning the same ship, the S.S. Glencairn. The plays are Bound East for Cardiff, In the Zone, The Long Voyage Home, and The Moon of the Caribbees. These realistically presented melodramas depict moody, intense, and fascinating characters entrapped by larger forces, usually represented by the sea. This edition, which offers all four plays in a singleinexpensive volume, provides a splendid introduction to the work of an important modern dramatist.
- Author BiographyWinner of the Nobel Prize for Literature and four Pulitzer Prizes, Eugene O'Neill is widely acknowledged as America's greatest playwright. O'Neill's other Dover Thrift Editions include Three Great Plays: The Emperor Jones, Anna Christie, and The Hairy Ape and Beyond the Horizon.
- Author(s)Eugene Gladstone O'Neill
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication23/02/1996
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleDover Thrift S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Out-of-print date13/10/2009
- Weight70 g
- Width131 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.