All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClassic tales by Laura Ingalls Wilder about life on the frontier and America's best-loved pioneer family. When a blizzard cuts the town of De Smet off from the railroad, the community is left for weeks without food or fuel deliveries and the Ingalls family are forced to eke out the last of their supplies. As the terrible winter drags on, things begin to look desperate, until Almanzo Wilder and his friend brave the icy storms in search of help from ather settlement. The timeless stories that inspired a TV series can w be read by a new generation of children. Readers who loved Anne of Green Gables, Little Women, and Heidi will be swept up by this timeless rural coming of age saga. Perfect escapism for readers aged 8+. Beautifully illustrated by Garth Williams. Have you collected all the Little House books[unk] Little House in the Big Woods Little House on the Prairie On the Banks of Plum Creek By the Shores of Silver Lake The Long Winter Little Town on the Prairie These Happy Golden Years Laura Ingalls Wilder was born in Wisconsin in 1867. She recorded her adventurous madic childhood with her pioneer family in a collection of books that have become beloved classics of American literature. The Little House on the Prairie television series ran for 9 seasons from 1974-1983.
- Author BiographyLaura Ingalls Wilder was born in Wisconsin in 1867. Her family moved around, travelling from Missouri to Kansas, Minnesota and back to Wisconsin. Eventually the family settled in De Smet, Dakota Territory and Laura worked regularly as a seamstress and teacher. She stopped working when she married Almanzo Wilder in 1885. Little House in the Big Woods was first published in 1932, Little House on the Prairie in 1935, and five more books in the Little House series followed. Laura also wrote Farmer Boy about her husband's childhood, and three more books were published posthumously. Laura was five times the recipient of the Newbery Honor Award for her distinguished contribution to American literature for children: On the Banks of Plum Creek (1938), By the Shores of Silver Lake (1940), The Long Winter (1941), Little Town on the Prairie (1942), These Happy Golden Years (1944). The books are charmingly illustrated with Garth Williams' black and white drawings from the 1953 editions.
- Author(s)Laura Ingalls Wilder
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleThe Little House on the Prairie
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Weight272 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 8
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $50.21Trending at AU $51.48
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $18.96
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.81
- AU $30.71Trending at AU $33.58
- AU $42.80Trending at AU $49.20
- AU $28.23Trending at AU $28.76
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.