All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.79Trending at AU $13.60
- AU $17.22Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $23.97Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.06
- AU $10.57Trending at AU $14.08
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
- AU $18.17Trending at AU $23.57
About this product
- DescriptionIn India in the mid-nineteenth century, Reggie Fitzsimmons is a young, virile, smart businessman. He sees reason why he can't be a merchant trader and act as a part-time sergeant in the military- unaware that a completely different destiny awaits him. Feeling compelled to fulfill his military commitment and in need of extra income, Reggie joins the East India Company militia that supports the Royal British Army during the 1857 Indian Mutiny. He feels he is t only serving the Queen but saving the British Empire from a terrible tragedy. Without reservation, he becomes engaged in the Siege of Delhi, one of the most ruthless and bloody battles of the uprising. In the midst of war, he succumbs to a forbidden love affair with Manju, a servant girl, and forsakes his wife, Mary, who hastily returns to London. But Reggie and Manju face many obstacles in their relationship. Nevi Qureshi, an unsavory Indian patriot, vows that Manju will be his, and he will do whatever it takes to make this so. Reggie, determined to stop Qureshi, must also survive the challenges and dangers of war in order for the two lovers to become one.
- Author(s)R L Galbraith
- Date of Publication04/05/2012
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight735 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.