Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by lilaboti2011
- Est. delivery by 31 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in taut, poetic language, THE LONGEST MEMORY is set on a Virginian plantation in the 19th century, and tells the tragic story of a rebellious, fiercely intelligent young slave who breaks all the rules: in learning to read and write, in falling in love with a white girl, the daughter of his owner, and, finally, in trying to escape and join her in the free North. For his attempt to flee, he is whipped to death in front of his family, and this brutal event is the pivot around which the story evolves.
- Author BiographyFred D'Aguiar was born in London in 1960 and raised in Guyana and south-east London. He now lives in Florida, where he teaches English at the University of Miami. Author of four novels and four books of poetry, he has been awarded the University of Kent's T.S. Eliot prize for poetry, the Guyanese National Poetry Award and the Malcolm X prize for poetry. He also won the 1994 Whitbread First Novel Award and the David Higham Award for The Longest Memory.
- PrizesWinner of David Higham Prize for Fiction 1994 and Whitbread Prize (First Novel) 1994 and Whitbread Book Awards: First Novel Category 1994.
- Author(s)Fred D'Aguiar
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/07/1995
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight106 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.