All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor his eighth birthday, Emilio Scotto received a World Atlas. Promptly he anunced his plan to make a route that would pass through all the countries of the world, a route he named BLUE ROAD ONE. When, some years later, he found himself astride a black 1100 Honda Gold Wing motorcycle, Blue Road One beckoned, and Scotto set off on a journey that would last more than a decade, take him virtually everywhere in the world, and land him in the Guinness Book of World Records. This is his story, a thrill ride that begins in his native Argentina, crosses Panama in the tumultuous time of Noriega, Mexico in the midst of an earthquake, and finds him broke in L.A. where, in a chance meeting, Muhammad Ali gives him fifty dollars and a signed book. Breaching the Iron Curtain, crossing the Berlin Wall at Checkpoint Charlie, being blessed by the Pope, set upon by cannibals in Sierra Leone, fleeing Somalia on a freighter, Scotto's adventures would be unbelievable if they weren't true. His tale of touring the world from Tunisia to Turkey, Petra to Afghanistan, Yugoslavia to Singapore, traveling miles eugh to take him to the moon and back, is unlike any ever told. Come along, for the ride of a lifetime.
- Author BiographyBorn in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Emilio Scotto began his professional life as a pharmaceutical salesman. But a long-simmering dream to travel the world eventually got the best of him. In 1985 he set out on a motorcycle journey around the world that would last a record-setting 10 years. Emilio lives with his wife Monica in Los Angeles, California.
- Author(s)Emilio Scotto
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication08/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.