Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $15.89
About this product
- DescriptionA comic vel set in rural Minnesota in the early 1950s, where a group of seminarians make their way to Ascension Seminary to complete their education. The protagonist, Blaise, changes the spelling of his name to Blaze, and he and his friends lead a band of brothers who come to be kwn as 'the most troublesome class in seminary history'. They pillage the storage area of the seminary, spend the summer doing gruelling farm work instead of studying, assist a local bootlegger in brewing moonshine whiskey, and take possession of rifles and shotguns that were previously confiscated. However, they rarely shot at anything and when they did they missed! Underneath the mayhem and merriment that is, lies a darker world of doubt and bewilderment about sex and sanity. What should they really be doing with their lives, they ask each other nervously. It is the resolution of that question that brings their adventures to a surprising and triumphant conclusion. This is a rollicking narrative, reminiscent of Kurt Vonnegut and Joseph Heller.
- Author BiographyA prolific nonfiction writer, novelist, and journalist, Gene Logsdon has published more than two dozen books, both practical and philosophical. Gene's nonfiction works include Holy Shit, Small-Scale Grain Raising, Living at Nature's Pace, The Contrary Farmer's Invitation to Gardening, Good Spirits, and The Contrary Farmer. His most recent novel is Pope Mary and the Church of Almighty Good Food. He writes a popular blog, The Contrary Farmer, as well as an award-winning column for the Carey Ohio Progressor Times, and is a regular contributor to Farming Magazine and Draft Horse Journal. He lives and farms in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. You can visit his blog at http: //thecontraryfarmer.wordpress.com/.
- Author(s)Greg Logsdon
- PublisherAcademy Chicago Publishers
- Date of Publication15/04/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademy Chicago Publishers
- Weight304 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.