Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $45.29
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.75
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $12.88
- AU $20.05Trending at AU $27.71
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $51.30
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.19
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $16.29
About this product
- DescriptionThe third instalment in Bernard Cornwell's King Alfred series, following on from the outstanding previous vels The Last Kingdom and The Pale Horseman, both of which were top ten bestsellers. The year is 878 and Wessex is free from the Vikings. Uhtred, the dispossessed son of a Northumbrian lord, helped Alfred win that victory, but w he is disgusted by Alfred's lack of generosity and repelled by the king's insistent piety. He flees Wessex, going back rth to seek revenge for the killing of his foster father and to rescue his stepsister, captured in the same raid. He needs to find his old enemy, Kjartan, a renegade Danish lord who lurks in the formidable stronghold of Dunholm. Uhtred arrives in the rth to discover rebellion, chaos and fear. His only ally is Hild, a West Saxon nun fleeing her calling, and his best hope is his sword, with which he has made a formidable reputation as a warrior. He will need the assistance of other warriors if he is to attack Dunholm and he finds Guthred, a slave who believes he is a king. He takes him across the Pennines to where a desperate alliance of fanatical Christians and beleaguered Danes form a new army to confront the terrible Viking lords who rule Northumbria. 'The Lords of the North' is a powerful story of betrayal, romance and struggle, set in an England of turmoil, upheaval and glory. Uhtred, a Northumbrian raised as a Viking, a man without lands, a warrior without a country, has become a splendid heroic figure.
- Author BiographyBernard Cornwell was born in London, raised in Essex and now lives in the USA. In addition to the Sharpe series, he is the author of the Arthurian series, the Warlord Chronicles; the Starbuck Chronicles on the American Civil War; Stonehenge; Gallows Thief; the Grail Quest series; and his new series, set during the reign of King Alfred.
- Author(s)Bernard Cornwell
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/06/2006
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleThe Last Kingdom Series
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight200 g
- Width142 mm
- Height125 mm
- Read byJamie Glover
- Contained items statement5 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time340
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.