All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.36Trending at AU $24.64
- AU $103.00Trending at AU $108.04
- AU $28.99Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $42.99Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.66
- AU $43.02Trending at AU $51.94
- AU $42.74Trending at AU $50.45
About this product
- DescriptionEnter a world where bloody battles, and heroic deeds combine in the historic struggle to unite Britain in the face of a common enemy. The third instalment in Bernard Cornwell's King Alfred series, follows on from the outstanding previous vels The Last Kingdom and The Pale Horseman. The year is 878 and the Vikings have been thrown out of Wessex. Uhtred, fresh from fighting for Alfred in the battle to free Wessex, travels rth to seek revenge for his father's death, killed in a bloody raid by Uhtred's old enemy, renegade Danish lord, Kjartan. While Kjartan lurks in his formidable stronghold of Dunholm, the rth is overrun by chaos, rebellion and fear. Together with a small band of warriors, Uhtred plans his attack on his enemy, revenge fuelling his anger, resolute on bloody retribution. But, he finds himself betrayed and ends up on a desperate slave voyage to Iceland. Rescued by a remarkable alliance of old friends and enemies, he and his allies, together with Alfred the Great, are free to fight once more in a battle for power, glory and hour. 'The Lords of the North' is a tale of England's making, a powerful story of betrayal, struggle and romance, set in an England torn apart by turmoil and upheaval.
- Author BiographyBernard Cornwell was born in London, raised in Essex and now lives in the USA. In addition to the Sharpe series, he is the author of the Arthurian series, the Warlord Chronicles; the Starbuck Chronicles on the American Civil War; Stonehenge; Gallows Thief; the Grail Quest series; and his new series, set during the reign of King Alfred.
- Author(s)Bernard Cornwell
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleThe Last Kingdom Series
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight230 g
- Width139 mm
- Height142 mm
- Read byJonathan Keeble
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time764
- Edition StatementUnabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.