All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWas America truly unkwn to the outside world until Christopher Columbus discovered it in 1492? Could a people gifted eugh to raise the Great Pyramid more than four thousand years ago have lacked the skills necessary to build a ship capable of crossing the Atlantic? Did the Phoenicians, who circumnavigated the African continent in 600 BC, never consider sailing farther? Were the Vikings, the most fearless warriors and seafarers of all time, terrified at the prospect of a transoceanic voyage? If so, how are we to account for an Egyptian temple accidentally unearthed by Tennessee Valley Authority workers in 1935? What is a beautifully crafted metal plate with the image of a Phoenician woman doing in the Utah desert? And who can explain the discovery of Viking houses and wharves excavated outside Boston? These enigmas are but a tiny fraction of the abundant physical proof for Old World visitors to the American continent hundreds and thousands of years ago. In addition, Sumerians, Mians, Romans, Celts, ancient Hebrews, Indonesians, Africans, Chinese, Japanese, Welsh, Irish and the Knights Templar all made their indelible, if neglected, mark on American land. Unlike any other book on the subject, THE LOST COLONIES OF ANCIENT AMERICA t only describes each of these various peoples who influenced pre-Columbian history, but it, also, offers fresh evidence demonstrating the extent of their impact on the American continent.
- Author BiographyNominated by Japan's Savant Society as Professor of World Archaeology, Frank Joseph is a veteran scuba diver and participant in hundreds of underwater expeditions off the coast of Africa, in the eastern Mediterranean Sea, the Gulf of Mexico and Polynesia. The editor in chief of Ancient American magazine from 1993 to 2007, he has travelled the world collecting research materials for his 27 published books.
- Author(s)Frank Joseph
- PublisherCareer Press
- Date of Publication23/10/2013
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintCareer Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.