All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHe grew up in the rambling old house, filled with dozens of cousins, and aunts and uncles, all ruled by his father. Their home was isolated in the mountains of western Virginia, far from town, far from schools, far from other people. There are many secrets in the House, and many rules that Danny must follow. There is a secret library with only a few dozen books, and ne of them in English-but Danny and his cousins are expected to become fluent in the language of the books. While Danny's cousins are free to create magic whenever they like, they must never do it where outsiders might see. Unfortunately, there are some secrets kept from Danny as well and that will lead to disaster for the North family.
- Author BiographyOrson Scott Card is the author of the novels Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, and Speaker for the Dead. Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead both won Hugo and Nebula Awards, making Card the only author to win these two top prizes in consecutive years. There are seven other novels to date in The Ender Universe series. Card has also written fantasy: The Tales of Alvin Maker is a series of fantasy novels set in frontier America; his most recent novel, The Lost Gate, is a contemporary magical fantasy. Card has written many other stand-alone SF and fantasy novels, as well as movie tie-ins and games, and publishes an internet-based science fiction and fantasy magazine, Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show. Card was born in Washington and grew up in California, Arizona, and Utah. He served a mission for the LDS Church in Brazil in the early 1970s. Besides his writing, Card directs plays and teaches writing and literature at Southern Virginia University. He lives in Greensboro, North Carolina, with his wife, Kristine Allen Card, and youngest daughter, Zina Margaret.
- Author(s)Orson Scott Card
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTor Books
- Weight227 g
- Width106 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine29 mm
Most relevant reviews
- dtssgs22 May, 2016by
E Bay Purchase
Book is as advertised and in good order
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $17.22Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.59
- AU $23.95Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.06
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $24.11
- AU $18.17Trending at AU $23.57
- AU $11.58Trending at AU $14.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.