All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWaiting to be rediscovered in the British Library is an ancient manuscript of the early Church, copied by an anymous monk. The manuscript is at least 1,450 years old, possibly dating to the first century. And w, The Lost Gospel provides the first ever translation from Syriac into English of this unique document that tells the inside story of Jesus' social, family, and political life. The Lost Gospel takes the reader on an unparalleled historical adventure through a paradigm shifting manuscript. What the authors eventually discover is as astounding as it is surprising: the confirmation of Jesus' marriage to Mary Magdalene; the names of their two children; the towering presence of Mary Magdalene; a previously unkwn plot on Jesus' life (thirteen years prior to the crucifixion); an assassination attempt against Mary Magdalene and their children; Jesus' connection to political figures at the highest level of the Roman Empire; and a religious movement that antedates that of Paul-the Church of Mary Magdalene. Part historical detective story, part modern adventure, The Lost Gospel reveals secrets that have been hiding in plain sight for millennia.
- Author BiographySimcha Jacobovici, co-author of The Jesus Family Tomb,is a three time Emmy-winning Israeli-Canadian documentary film-maker and a widely published writer and lecturer. His articles have appeared in publications such as the New York Times and the Los Angeles Times. Jacobovici is the host of The Naked Archaeologist on the History Channel. He resides in Israel with his wife and five children. Barrie Wilson is a professor of religious studies at York University in Toronto, where he specializes in early Christianity. His book How Jesus Became Christian was longlisted for the Cundill International Prize in History and won the Joseph and Faye Tanenbaum Award. Wilson lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Barrie Wilson,Simcha Jacobovici
- PublisherPegasus Books
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPegasus Books
- Content Note16 pages of color illustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width142 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.