All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Lost Key - The Supranatural Secrets of the Freemasons contains revelations that only an initiate of the highest orders of esoteric Freemasonry is in a position to make. Here is the truth behind the hints in Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol that Freemasonry is concerned to reawaken the hidden potentialities and powers of the human mind.The thrilling narrative of this new book follows a candidate for initiation as he rises through the different grades of initiation, taking part in ceremonies that are sometimes terrifying but always revealing of new kwledge and presenting new mysteries which will only be solved when the next stage of initiation has been achieved. Dramatic episodes include the re-enacting of an ancient murder from 3,000 years ago in full gory detail, lowering the candidate on the end of a rope into a dark vault under the floor of the temple, holding a dagger to the candidates naked breast, and making the candidate attend his own funeral.In the secret teachings revealed to some high-level initiates, there is a type of instruction which seems curiously similar to religious and mystical teachings. Astrology, angels, chakras and the powers of the mind to operate independently of the body, such as in remote viewing, are all a part of Freemasonic lore.Here Lomas, co-author of the international bestseller The Hiram Key, reveals to a wider public and also explains these secret teachings for the first time. He shows that while they are dismissed as superstitious by campaigners for atheism such as Richard Dawkins, they are very much part of the strange, paradoxical world opened up by the latest thinking in quantum physics. This is why he prefers to call them 'Supranatural'.
- Author BiographyDr Robert Lomas has established himself as one of the world's leading authorities on the history of science and lectures at Bradford University's School of Management, one of the UK's leading business schools. He is a regular speaker on the Masonic lecture circuit as well as a strong supporter of the Orkney Science Festival. He has co-authored the best-selling The Hiram Key, The Second Messiah, Uriel's Machine and The Book of Hiram.
- Author(s)Robert Lomas
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCoronet Books
- Content Noteline drawings integrated throughout
- Weight288 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.