All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFreemasonry is the subject of perennial fascination - recently the cover story of a national news magazine, the premise of the movie National Treasure and the anticipated basis of a forthcoming vel by Dan Brown. The twentieth century's great scholar of occult and esoteric ideas, Manly P. Hall, was a Mason himself and nurtured a lifelong interest in the secret fraternal order, making it the focus of one of his earliest and best-loved books, The Lost Keys of Freemasonry .In this celebrated work, he examines the ethical training required of a Freemason and the character traits a Mason must build within himself. Hall's 1923 volume is w reset and made available exclusively in this new edition, along with the author's two further classics on Masonry: Freemasonry of the Ancient Egyptians (1937), which explores the roots of Freemasonry in the initiatory temple rites of Pharaonic Egypt; and, Masonic Orders of Fraternity (1950), a fascinating work of short history that chronicles the re-emergence of Freemasonry in Europe in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. It surveys the lives of Masonry's modern architects and the secretive organizations that immediately preceded the brotherhood. This three-in-one volume features the original illustrations of each book, a total of nearly thirty images, including recreations of scenes and rites from Masonry's unusual history. It also includes a new index encompassing all three titles.
- Author BiographyManley P. Hall (1901-1990), widely regarded as a sage and teacher steeped in the wisdom of antiquity, was one of the leading esoteric scholars of the twentieth century. The author of the landmark work <b>The Secret Teachings of All Ages</b>, Hall was named a 33 Mason in 1973. It is the highest rank Freemasonry can bestow.
- Author(s)Manly P. Hall
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication29/06/2007
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintJeremy P Tarcher
- Content Note30 b&w ills
- Weight500 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.