CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.78
- AU $12.21Trending at AU $16.29
About this product
- DescriptionLondon, 1893. Mild-mannered watchmaker Cyril King harbours a secret wish to be an explorer. When he acquires a mysterious timepiece from a torious criminal, Cyril gets his heart's desire, the clues he finds propelling him halfway around the world on the trail of a fabulous treasure. On the borders of India and Afghanistan, Cyril meets a real-life adventurer who seems to be everything he aspires to. But high in the Karakoram mountains there are lessons to be learned, as thing is quite what Cyril expects: neither the treasure, r his companion, r the life of discovery and excitement which he imagined -- and certainly t the deadly peril into which he stumbles with all the insouciance of the incent abroad. Meanwhile, intercut with Cyril's account of his 1893 adventures are the letters of famous explorer Sir Paul Linley-Small, written to Cyril from various points of the compass fifteen years later, as Small pursues a rare, perhaps mythical, creature. And as Small's tale grows ever more fantastic, the way in which the two narratives link with one ather reflects on the nature of truth and the lives which we envisage for ourselves.
- Author BiographyBruno Hare studied film at the Unversity of East Anglia. He went on to work in various parts of that industry, from casting to postproduction, before moving to Norway. His first book, The Three Monkeys, was written over a number of years in primary school, and did not make it to print. The Lost Kings is his first published novel. He now lives in London with his identical twin sons and their mother.
- Author(s)Bruno Hare
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Edition StatementLibrary edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.