All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- Description<b>A Fascinating Glimpse into the World of the New TestamentTransported two thousand years into the past, readers are introduced to Antipas, a Roman civic leader who has encountered the writings of the biblical author Luke. Luke's history sparks Antipas's interest, and they begin corresponding. While the account is fictional, the author is a highly respected New Testament scholar who weaves reliable historical information into a fascinating story, offering a fresh, engaging, and creative way to learn about the New Testament world. The first edition has been widely used in the classroom (over 30,000 copies sold). This updated edition, w with improved readability and narrative flow, will bring the social and political world of Jesus and his first followers to life for many more students of the Bible.
- Author Biography<b>Bruce W. Longenecker</b> (PhD, University of Durham) is professor of religion and W. W. Melton Chair of Religion at Baylor University in Waco, Texas. He is the author or coauthor of numerous books, including <i>Thinking through Paul</i>, <i>The Cross before Constantine</i>, and <i>Philippians and Philemon </i>in Paideia: Commentaries on the New Testament.
- Author(s)Professor of Early Christianity and W W Melton Chair of Religion Bruce W Longenecker
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.