Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.16Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionEverything changes for nine-year-old Sana Shah when she witnesses the horror of her father's assassination. She suffers through the pain of losing him, while realizing the worth of lessons learnt from him as pearls of wisdom. The tragedy forces Sana to leave her home in Pakistan and move across the globe to California. As time passes, she remains tormented by her memories as she struggles to rediscover her identity in a foreign land. Keen on pursuing journalism, she attends Stanford, where she meets a law student, Ahmer. They are drawn together by their cultural heritage, as well as their shared experience of having lost and endured. He becomes the source of her happiness as well as the catalyst in mending her strained relationship with her family. As the story unfolds, however, their lives become intertwined in unexpected ways. The obstacles are countless, and may be impossible to overcome. Spanning nearly two decades and set against a backdrop of landmark political events in both Pakistan and America in recent history, The Lost Pearl is an emotional tale about the strength of the human bond and the consequences of a truth left untold.
- Author BiographyLara Zuberi was brought up in Pakistan. She is a Hematologist/Oncologist by profession. She lives in Jacksonville, Florida, with her husband and son.
- Author(s)Lara Zuberi
- Date of Publication29/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.