All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $24.95Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.84Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $7.70Trending at AU $10.65
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $14.17
- AU $7.27Trending at AU $9.49
- AU $18.62Trending at AU $20.02
- AU $13.02Trending at AU $15.13
About this product
- DescriptionA boy discovers a bizarre-looking creature while out collecting bottle-tops at a beach. Having guessed that it is lost, he tries to find out who owns it or where it belongs, but the problem is met with indifference by everyone else, who barely tices its presence. Each is unhelpful in their own way; strangers, friends, parents are all unwilling to entertain this uninvited interruption to day-to-day life. In spite of his better judgement, the boy feels sorry for this hapless creature, and attempts to find out where it belongs.
- Author BiographyShaun Tan was born in 1974 and grew up in the northern suburbs of Perth, Western Australia. In school he became known as the 'good drawer' which partly compensated for always being the shortest kid in every class. He graduated from the University of WA in 1995 with joint honours in Fine Arts and English Literature, and currently works full time as a freelance artist and author in Melbourne. Shaun began drawing and painting images for science fiction and horror stories in small-press magazines as a teenager, and has since become best known for illustrated books that deal with social, political and historical subjects through surreal, dream-like imagery. Books such as THE RABBIT, THE RED TREE, THE LOST THING, and the acclaimed wordless novel THE ARRIVAL, have been widely translated throughout Europe, Asia and South America, and enjoyed by readers of all ages. Shaun has also worked as a theatre designer, and worked as a concept artist for the films 'Horton Hears a Who' and Pixar's 'WALL-E'. His short film, 'The Lost Thing' (based on his book), was released on DVD in November 2010 (Madman Entertainment).
- Author(s)Shaun Tan
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication01/07/2000
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleThe Official Pokemon Ear
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2000
- ImprintLothian Children's Books
- Content Noteillustrations, (some colour )
- Weight450 g
- Width259 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Shaun Tan
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 9 To 15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.