All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew things tell us more about ourselves than the music we listen to, a fact that Tom Cox has demonstrated brilliantly in his acclaimed Observer column, The Lost Tribes of Pop. Extended from that column, Cox's beautifully illustrated book presents a unique and hilarious vision of the current pop climate, via the people who really make it what it is: the fans. From Dave, the Old School Goth, and Charlie, the iPod Twit, to Nancy, the Rave Mom, and Margot, the First-time Gigger, Lost Tribes is an endlessly entertaining and curious mix of social stereotypes, in all their flawed, obsessive, identity-searching glory. Some are idiotic. There are plenty of books about people behind the music. The Lost Tribes of Pop is different: it's a book about the people in front of it. It's the work of a major writing talent, and a must-have for any music fan.
- Author BiographyTom Cox has written articles, reviews and features for the Guardian, Observer, Esquire, Mojo, Uncut, the Telegraph, The Times, The Sunday Times, the Mail on Sunday and many other national publications.
- Author(s)Tom Cox
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication26/10/2006
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note40-50 full colour line drawings
- Weight350 g
- Width139 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.