All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the Lotus EffectThe lotus plant has a unique ability to survive in muddy, humid swamps, producing beautiful flowers that bloom just above the water's surface. By repelling dirt and parasites from their leaves, lotuses are able to thrive and access as much sunlight and water as possible. What if we, like the lotus, could let the trials and tribulations of everyday life slip away and emerge unscathed and whole?Suffering results when we lose sight of our true sense of self and absorb everyday frustrations instead of letting these feelings fall away. Inspired by Buddhist and Vedic psychology, The Lotus Effect will help you rediscover who you are by clarifying what you are t. Through the contemplative identity detox exercises and meditations in this book, you'll learn to let go of stress, worry, anger, suffering, and need for approval as naturally as the lotus sheds mud from its leaves. As you practice detaching yourself from life's disappointments, frustrations, and fears, you'll take the first steps toward strengthening your core lotus self so that you, too, will possess the resilience to blossom, matter the circumstances.
- Author BiographyPavel G. Somov, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He is the author of Eating the Moment and Present Perfect.
- Author(s)Pavel G. Somov
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication10/09/2010
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Out-of-print date12/03/2013
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.