All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Lotus Sutra (Taisho . 262), translated by Tsugunari Kubo and Akira Yuyama from the fifth-century Chinese version by the scholar-monk Kumarajiva, is one of the most important and revered texts in East Asian Buddhism. With its vivid descriptions of cosmic events and large cast of characters, the Saddharmapundarika-sutra (Sutra of the Lotus Flower of the Fine Dharma) unfolds like a magnificent drama. Its twenty-eight chapters offer a combination of doctrine, teachings, stories, and parables, devotional practices, and portraits of the many buddhas and bodhisattvas that inhabit the world of the Lotus Sutra. This text presents an emerging Mahayana vision that affirms the possibility of enlightenment for all.
- PublisherNumata Center for Buddhist Translation & Research.
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNumata Center for Buddhist Translation & Research.
- Weight794 g
- Width157 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Translated byTsugunari Kubo,Akira Yuyama
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.