All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA schoolgirl catches the eye of the future leader of Nazi Germany. An aspiring playwright writes to a convicted serial killer, seeking inspiration. A pair of childhood sweethearts reunite to commit rape and murder. A devoted Mormon wife follows her husband into the wilderness after he declares himself a prophet. The twelve stories in The Love of a Bad Man imagine the lives of real women, all of whom were the lovers, wives, or mistresses of various 'bad' men in history. Beautifully observed, fascinating, and at times horrifying, the stories interrogate power, the nature of obsession, and the lengths some women will go to for the men they love.
- Author BiographyLaura Elizabeth Woollett is a Perthborn, Melbourne-based author and editor. Her first novel, The Wood of Suicides, was published in the US in early 2014. From 2012 to early 2015 she was a fiction editor for Voiceworks. More recently, she appeared as one of Melbourne Writers Festival's '30 Under 30'. Her work has appeared widely in print and online, including in Kill Your Darlings, The Suburban Review, and Literary Hub.
- Author(s)Laura Elizabeth Woollett
- PublisherScribe Publications
- Date of Publication29/08/2016
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintScribe Publications
- Weight282 g
- Width151 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.