Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionCentered on Australian suburbia in the 60s, 70s and 80s The Lovemakers explores the inner and outer tensions of families, friendships and society whilst charting the sleaze, mayhem and humanity that go to make a nation's life. A remarkable verse vel, this edition brings together the two prize-winning volumes first published in Australia - and which are w out of print - for a first complete edition.
- Author BiographyAlan Wearne has been part of the Australian poetry scene since the late sixties and is the author of three verse collections: Public Relations; New Devil, New Parish; The Australian Popular Songbook; as well as Out Here (a verse novella), and the award-winning verse novels The Nightmarkets (which has also been adapted for the stage), Kicking in Danger (a prose fantasy satire on Melbourne's football) and The Lovemakers, which was published in two volumes in Australia. Alan Wearne teaches poetry at the University of Wollongong and lives part of the year in Fremantle. He considers himself a Melbourne poet living in exile.
- Author(s)Alan Wearne
- PublisherShearsman Books
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShearsman Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight995 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.