All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $35.33Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionA charming and witty volume of instruction for the aspiring lover, detailing hour by hour the correct way to spend a day apart. Iris is well aware of the hours of reflection and sighing due to her as a beautiful and sought-after woman, as well as the dangers and temptations that await a man whose lover is absent. Thus the hour between eight and nine, before Damon is enjoined to rise, may be spent in 'Agreeable Reverie', of which the principle subject is, of course, Iris, whilst five o'clock is the hour of 'Dangerous Visits' when Damon will be a prey to the wiles and machinations of his female acquaintances. Interspersed with beautiful - and instructive - verses, The Lover's Watch is a sharp-witted and ironic observation of the universal manners of love, and an indispensable manual for all eager suitors.
- Author BiographyProto-feminist Aphra Behn (1640 - 89) was the first female professional writer in the English language. She wrote many plays and the highly regarded philosophical novel Oroonoko.
- Author(s)Aphra Behn
- PublisherHesperus Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleHesperus Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHesperus Press Ltd
- Weight134 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.