All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost of us eat too much sugar, which can have serious repercussions on our health and well-being. It is widely accepted that a diet too high in sugar can cause mood swings, fatigue, obesity, heart disease, diabetes, and even premature ageing. But eating low-sugar foods doesn't have to mean being condemned to a dull diet, as the wonderful range of recipes in this book demonstrates. The good news is that there are numerous naturally sweet foods and flavourings that can be substituted so that there's need to resort to artificial sweeteners with their reported adverse health effects. Here, Nicola Graimes presents more than 100 easy-to-follow meals and snacks, inspired by recipes from around the world. Chapters are divided into Breakfasts, Brunches, Light Meals, Snacks, Dinners, Desserts, and Cakes, Bakes, Breads. You'll find delicious family favourites ranging from curries, stews, stir-fries and salads to sponge puddings, muffins and cheesecakes. Savoury foods can also be surprisingly high in added sugar, particularly canned foods and sauces, and you'll find specially adapted dishes for healthier, low-sugar alternatives. All the recipes have been carefully created to be suitable for diabetics to meet their dietary requirements. This means that they are also low in salt and saturated fat and high in unrefined carbohydrates and fibre - t forgetting packed with bountiful amounts of fresh produce. Clear at-a-glance symbols highlighting nutritional benefits provide an additional valuable feature.
- Author BiographyNicola Graimes is an experienced health, cookery and food writer. She is the author of over 20 books and winner of the Best Vegetarian Cookbook in the UK in the World Gourmand Awards 2002, and Best Family Cookbook in the UK in the World Gourmand Awards 2004 as well as a finalist in Le Cordon Bleu World Media Awards in 2007.
- Author(s)Nicola Graimes
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintNourish Books
- Weight386 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $26.42Trending at AU $26.98
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.21
- AU $24.78Trending at AU $29.81
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.59
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $33.54
- AU $23.48Trending at AU $29.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.