All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionNestled in the Northwest is a quaint little town that its quirky residents are proud to call home. With charming shops lining its one main thoroughfare, Lumby is home to the oldest apple tree in the county and the smallest bank in the state. And though it's hours from the nearest big city, readers will always find Lumby close to their hearts. When Mark and Pam Walker, a vacationing couple from the East Coast, decide to restore Lumby's ramshackle Montis Abbey and turn it into an inn, it takes a while for the locals to warm up to them. Especially the irascible William Beezer, owner of The Lumby Lines-the newspaper -worth the paper it's printed on.- At every turn, he tries to hinder the Walkers' efforts. But the couple soon learns that for every citizen like William, there are many more willing to lend a hand-and that Lumby isn't just a place, it's a way of life.
- Author BiographyGail Fraser is the author of The Lumby series, which includes The Lumby Lines, Stealing Lumby, Lumby's Bounty, The Promise of Lumby and Lumby on the Air (Penguin NAL '07-'10). Additionally, she and her husband, artist Art Poulin, collaboratively wrote and illustrated Finding Happiness in Simplicity, hardcover published in 2012 by Globe Pequot Press. Gail has once again returned to Lumby and is currently finishing her sixth novel - excepted to be released in 2017 - that sheds a humorous light on today's political, cultural and technological insanities in order to answer the stunningly simple question: how will Lumby survive? Prior to becoming a novelist, Gail had a successful corporate career, holding senior-executive positions in several Fortune 100 corporations. She has a BA from Skidmore College and an MBA from the University of Connecticut, with graduate work done at Harvard University. She and her husband currently live in rural upstate New York, but have their sights set on a move to Florida as both are avid open-water and pool long-distance swimmers. You can visit Gail at www.lumbybooks.com.
- Author(s)Gail Fraser
- PublisherNew American Library
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleLumby
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew American Library
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.