All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
About this product
- DescriptionIn the past, an upgrade in status would have remained a dream or just become the reality of a few. But today, upgrading socioecomic status is commonplace, mostly in emerging markets. In the nineteenth century, self-appointed tastemaker of New York society Ward McAllister claimed that four generations were necessary to breed a gentleman. Today, due to rapid wealth creation and accumulation, the digital revolution, and the relative ease and affordability of travel, the process of developing a level of taste that is deemed acceptable by high society has been sped up dramatically. Luxury is relative at every level of society. While Michael Kors might be one woman's Gap, the brand might be the ultimate splurge for ather woman. What marketers, retailers, and the media tend to igre is that very possibly describes the same woman, just in different phases of her life, geography, and socioecomic status. The Lure of Luxe explores the metaphorical climb up the Luxury Consumption Pyramid, which determines how and why a client will spend. The book provides a new way to think about marketing to this elite segment, and offers best practices across a variety of marketing tactics.
- Author BiographyJordan Phillips is a fashion writer, blogger, and consultant based in New York City. A former public relations and marketing executive, she holds a master's degree in fashion marketing and management from the Ecole Superieure des Arts et Techniques de la Mode (ESMOD) in Paris. She now resides on the Upper East Side in New York City with her husband and daughter. To learn more, visit www.lureofluxe.com or her fashion blog at www.lure-of-luxe.com.
- Author(s)Jordan Phillips
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.