All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionEvocative and beautiful, this anthology tracks between the dualities of the rain-washed skies of Doughmore, County Cork, and the Queensland rainforest and national and personal histories. Inspired by the poet's experiences near Blarney in Ireland as well as her New Zealand homeland and family, the lighthearted yet daring verses reflect a questing, generous, civilized mind. The poetry ultimately succeeds by being tough-minded and wary.
- Author BiographyBernadette Hall is a poet and a playwright and the author of Heartwood, Of Elephants, The Persistent Levitator, and Still Talking. Her play Glad and the Angels won the Aoraki Festival playwriting award. She was the 1996 Burns Fellow at the University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand; the 2006 Victoria University Writer in Residence; and held the 2007 Rathcoola Residency in Donoughmore, Ireland. She is a founding staff member of the Hagley Writers' Institute in Christchurch.
- PrizesShortlisted for New Zealand Post Book Awards: Poetry 2010.
- Author(s)Bernadette Hall
- PublisherVictoria University Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintVictoria University Press
- Weight120 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.