All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.23
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.53
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.44
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $24.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe Lyotard Reader and Guide is a one-stop companion to Lyotard's thought. It covers the full range of his works, from his three main books (Discours, figure; Libidinal Ecomy; and The Differend) and up to his influential essays in The Inhuman and Postmodern Fables. The readings are organized into sections on philosophy, politics, art, and literature. Several have never before been translated into English. Detailed introductions to each section by two leading Lyotard scholars explain the philosopher's key ideas and provide crucial social, political, aesthetic, and philosophical context. As a sourcebook and guide, this is the most up-to-date and comprehensive volume on Lyotard. It is indispensable to students and scholars in philosophy, literature, the arts, and politics.
- Author BiographyKeith Crome is lecturer in philosophy at Manchester Metropolitan University. He is the author of Lyotard and Greek Thought: Sophistry.James Williams is a leading Lyotard scholar. He is senior lecturer and head of philosophy at the University of Dundee and is the author of Understanding Poststructuralism and The Transversal Thought of Gilles Deleuze: Encounters and Influence.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication10/05/2006
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byJames Williams,Keith Crome
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.