All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAlasdair MacIntyre is one of the most controversial philosophers and social theorists of our time. He opposes liberalism and postmodernism with the teleological arguments of an updated Thomistic Aristotelianism. It is this tradition, he claims, which presents the best theory so far about the nature of rationality, morality and politics. This is the first Reader of MacIntyrea s work. It includes extracts from and sypses of two famous books from the 1980s, After Virtue and Whose Justice? Which Rationality?, as well as the whole of several shorter works (one published for the first time in English) and two interviews. Taken together, these constitute t only a representative collection of his work but also the most powerful and accessible presentation of his arguments yet available. The Reader also includes a summary, by the editor, of the development of MacIntyrea s central ideas, and an extensive guide to further reading. Students will find the book a useful guide to MacIntyrea s case against both capitalist institutions and academic orthodoxies.
- Author BiographyKelvin Knight is Senior Lecturer in Politics at London Metropolitan University.
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication14/10/1998
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Note0
- Weight430 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byKelvin Knight
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.