All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $13.00Trending at AU $15.62
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $37.35Trending at AU $39.83
- AU $24.75Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $16.56Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $39.91
About this product
- DescriptionOn Neven: 'Neven Maguire is one of Ireland's best-loved chefs' Darina Allen 'When it comes to creating down-to-earth, home kitchen friendly recipes, there is chef to beat the delightfully approachable Neven Maguire' Georgina Campbell On MacNean's: 'You will find the best food and hospitality Ireland has to offer at Neven Maguire's award-winning MacNean House and Restaurant' John McKenna 'Careful, thoughtful, skilful, inventive and presented with elan, haute cuisine at a price that anyone could afford. Remarkable' Paolo Tullio MacNean is the destination dining point for Irish food lovers. If you've already been there, here is an opportunity to relive and recreate the stunning recipes at home. If you're still aspiring to visit, it will further whet your appetite for one of the most celebrated restaurant menus in Ireland.The recipes encompass all that has made MacNean Restaurant a success - Neven's commitment to constant invation and insistence on high quality, seasonal and traceable produce, sourced locally. As well as classic MacNean dishes like the Gratin of Cod (on the menu as long as Neven can remember), Salad of Wood Pigeon (from 'Uncle Frank's land in Westmeath') and the chef's personal favourite, Duck Confit, there are more aspirational dishes reflecting Neven's evolution as a chef, such as the signature starter A Study of Shellfish or the truly impressive dinner party dish, Turbot with Crab Cannelloni and Prawn Veloute. There's still plenty to choose from if you want the comfort of simpler food, including dishes cooked for staff suppers at MacNean House like Turkey and Leek Strogaff and MacNean Fish Pie. Or just enjoy the writing and the stunning photography in this beautiful book, and celebrate the achievements of one of Ireland's best-loved chefs.
- Author BiographyFrom a very young age, one of Neven Maguire's favourite pastimes was to shadow his mother in the kitchen, watching her cook. He began experimenting with ingredients in the home kitchen at the tender age of ten and his pastime soon became his passion. After studying catering in Fermanagh College in Enniskillen, Neven went on to train in some of the highest-profile restaurants in the world, including the Michelin starred Roscoff's in Belfast, Grand Hotel in Berlin and Arzak in San Sebastian. He also worked with Lea Linster, the renowned Michelin starred chef from Luxembourg, whom he credits as a major influence. In 2001, Neven took over MacNean Restaurant and turned a local establishment into a national phenomenon. Neven is the author of many bestselling cookbooks and has fronted numerous top-rated cookery shows on RTE. This is his first restaurant cookbook.
- Author(s)Neven Maguire
- Date of Publication19/10/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintGill & Macmillan Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1501 g
- Width220 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine28 mm
Most relevant reviews
- annahiggs200628 Jun, 2017by
Restaurant quality cooking at home
Great book by popular Irish chef.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.